Monday 11 November 2013

Morocho

 
Posted by Picasa
 I had breakfast around 8.30 in the morning On Saturday because I had to bring my son to Spanish school at 9.30. For breakfast I ate  a croissant with morocho ( is traditional  sweet of my country ).Morocho is made with special  dry corn , milk ,sugar, raisins  and cinnamon. I was eating morocho for breakfast because my sister in law made on Friday afternoon, it is not too difficult to do but  take long time to cook.

Firstly one night before cook put the dry corn with very hot water and leaves for all night but  before cook  you have to wash and then add a lot of water and the cinnamon and leaves cook around 2 or 3 hours until softened and stir to mix evenly  nearly softened add the milk and raisins.Reduce the heat  and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring constantly. Unfortunately I don't do myself  but I have my sister in law, she likes cook a traditional food from  Ecuador.That is one of the reason  that children in my family  love her.         

No comments:

Post a Comment