Wednesday 11 June 2014

practice exam

Task 1 (About 10 minutes)

Your college gives financial assistance to some students to help them pay for books and other equipment
that they need for their studies. You applied for this financial help but your application was not successful.
You have decided to appeal against this decision.

Complete the form.

Write about 80 words.

Appeal form: financial support for books and equipment

We only have limited funds for book and equipment grants and we cannot accept all applications.
However, we consider all appeals.


Please give details of the course you are doing, the books and equipment you need and why you
feel we should accept your application.

(Write in sentences.)

I received the letter from you to explain me why my application was failed.

I already red the letter and I don't understand why you don't considered me situation, I am a family women 
I work half time for living so all my incomes there are not enough .
I am studying  a nursery  course at the college, three times a week in the morning. These course 
is too expensive, for my practice I really need the books and equipments , but for me is not possible buy that things.
Please if is possible you considered my application again.



Task 2 (About 25 minutes)

You receive this letter asking for a reference about your friend, Rina.



Ms Rina Kimar has applied to do voluntary work in our second-hand books and clothes shop in Yeading
Road. We are a national charity which raises money for elderly people. Volunteers advise customers,
work on the cash desk and organise stock.

Rina has given your name as a referee. Please could you tell us:
• how well you know her
• what she is like as a person
• why you think she is suitable for this position.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Arthur Bell
Mr Arthur Bell
Head of Volunteer Recruitment


Write a letter of reference.

Write about 140 words. You do not need to write the address or the date

Dear Arthur Bell,

 I know Rina Kimar  for a long time, in fact we  was study  together the primary school  so I know very good how is her also we are very good friends all this time.

She is enthusiastic person and very responsible in her things.Furthermore  she all the time like to learn new
things. Rina is a person that you can trust as friend or as person.
 
In my opinion she is a perfect person for that place , she is a 100% dependable .  Because she demonstrated.

Now she want to have experience in this kind of job because her ambition for the future is work in a big store for example In Primark in Oxford or maybe in John Lewis in Leicester Square.

I hope my letter can help you for you decision.

Yours sincerely.
Elena






  

No comments:

Post a Comment